Bengaluru Review is glad to announce its first Short Story Competition and we invite all our readers and writers to be a part of it. Here are the relevant details:
1) Prize Money
- 1st Place - Rs. 5,000
- 2nd Place - Rs. 3,000
- 3rd Place - Rs. 2,000
2) Age, theme, country, and genre are no barriers. Language: English Only
3) Word Limit - Minimum: 2,000 words. Maximum: 3,500 words.
4) Submission opens - 1st June 2020. Submission ends - 5th July 2020.
5) Submission E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Short Story Competition.
6) Mandatory Registration: This is requested for ease of communication. Kindly use the ' Sign In ' tab on the website to register. It is completely free. You can skip this step if you are already subscribed to us.
7) Results will be announced with the July issue of Bengaluru Review (mid-July).
8) Kindly do not submit more than one story. Multiple entries would be rejected.
9) Please send in your entries in a single document attached in either of the following formats ONLY: .doc, .docx.
10) Please DO NOT submit stories that have been published either with us, any other journal, or anywhere else. We will only entertain new and unpublished stories.
11) We suggest that submissions be formatted with 12 pt. Times New Roman or Garamond type.
12) Please add a cover letter into the body of the email that includes your first and last name, email address, the title of your work(s), and a brief bio (strictly under 100 words or less). This information would be used for communication with you and shared at the end of your story (except your email id) so your readers can know more about you.
13) Please include an author photograph in a high-resolution landscape mode. You can attach up to 2-3 pictures. Please note that the minimum dimensions of a photo should be at least 800 x 420 pixels (W x H). This will appear in your story if it gets published as a result of your winning the competition.
14) Optional: We would like to tag you on our social media profiles when we share your work. If you would like us to mention your social media profiles so that more people can follow you online, kindly send us your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook handles. We would also like to request you to follow us on Facebook (@blrreview) and Instagram ( @blrreview ).
NOTE 1: We will publish the top 3 stories on our website for the readers. No other payment except the prize money would be awarded and our team will get in touch with you regarding money transfer details. By sending us a story for consideration, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the terms and conditions presented above.
Note 2: By submitting your stories, you do not lose your right to the story. We will not own your story but share it with the readers. The story will remain your intellectual property and you can ask for it to be taken down as well, if you so choose later.
The judges for the competition are Shinie Antony, Madhavi Mahadevan, and Vasudhendra. Initial screening of the submission will be done by the Bengaluru Review core team.
We wish you all the best!